Tuesday, July 5, 2011

American and PROUD

So I realize that it is now actually the 5th day of July, but Ima wish you all (and by all I do mean my one follower Jack as my other follower apparently dumped me lol) a Happy 4th anyway. The reason I am so late in writing this blog is A: I worked today :/ and B: In a burst of patriotism, I decided to make a playlist full of "I love America Songs", and came to the shocking realization that I had a total of 5 patriotic songs on my iPod. This is unacceptable, so I've been scouring the internet for songs that would make me all proud inside. Turns out, most of them just make me cry, but it was fun and kind of cleansing nonetheless. I thought I would share one I came across that became an instant favorite...partly because of the fantastically timed video that accompanied it. It's called "The Fighting Side of Me" by Merle Haggard, and it's essentially a very sweet and innocent way of saying--America is the greatest country on Earth, and if you can't see that, then you are free to leave, as America is a FREE country. There are many people who would die for what we have, and it is because so many have died for our sake that we are able to enjoy it. I am so proud to be an American, and I love this day we have every year to take a minute and thank all those who make or have made this country what it is. Happy 4th to you all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not really the only one who reads this, am I? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love that you commented like a year after the fact. I'm slowly gaining more readers :) but I'm still no where near the caliber of your blog. I love reading your comics. They are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete